Forty teams from ten countries including AUS (Australia), BRA (Brazil), DEU (Germany), FIN (Finland), IRL (Ireland), NOR (Norway), NZL (New Zealand), POL (Poland), USA (United States) and ZSF (South Africa) competed for the 2016 Koch Cup in Long Beach California.
On Monday August 1st, the Opening Ceremonies occupied most of the morning. Teams familiarized themselves with the sailing area and practiced in the afternoon.
Qualification races were conducted all day on Tuesday. The forty teams were divided into two groups of twenty. Each group raced to determine their ten top teams. Those twenty teams went on to compete for the Koch Cup on Wednesday and Thursday. The remaining twenty teams competed for the Kiwi Cup.
The Koch Cup results are:
- First — NZL–15 points
- Second — USA (Team 31)–32 points
- Third — FIN–34 points
- Last — 173 points
The Kiwi Cup results are:
- First — USA (Team 11)–29 points
- Second — USA (Team 19)–41 points
- Third — POL–56 points
- Fourth — USA (Team 10)–70 points
- Last — 206 points
Here is how our Central Region Teams finished:
- 18th place — John and Rory Neenan — Ship 2015, Chicago IL
- 21st place — Nick Maude and Zak Hamil — Ship 41, Bay Village OH
- 4th place — Brian Foley and Abigail Hall — Ship 1148, Dearborn MI
- 10th place — Olivia Knupp and Colin Campbell — Ship 109, Port Huron MI
- 14th Place — Rory Loeding and Tess DeWilde-Kohler — Ship 320, Lexington MI
- 20th place — Gloria Cabadas and Jillian Lovett — Ship 1148, Dearborn MI
More details on the official web site: http://seascoutcup.org/