The NSBC will be hosting its Boating Safety Instructor Course November 7 – 8, 2017 at the Cambria Suites Columbus/Polaris in Columbus, OH. The course will be taught by NSBC Master Instructor Emily King.
The NSBC Boating Safety Instructor Course is designed to prepare instructor candidates to teach effective NASBLA-approved basic boating safety courses to recreational boaters nationwide. This two-day course predominately covers safe boating practices and the proper interpretation of the ANSI/NASBLA 103-2016: Basic Boating Knowledge – Power.
Learn more about the course here.
Prerequisite of Certification:
- The instructor candidate must hold a current instructor level certification in a state or nationally recognized training program (or equivalent).
- The instructor candidate must have a minimum of 40 hours teaching experience.
- The instructor candidate must have successfully completed a NASBLA-approved basic boating safety classroom course.
- The instructor candidate must have 2 years boating experience and be knowledgeable in the boating laws for their state.
- The instructor candidate must be at least 18 years old.
Cambria Suites Columbus/Polaris
9100 Lyra Drive
Columbus, OH 43240
Students can begin making reservations now. The room rate is $129 plus tax. The group code for the special rate is National Safe Boating Council. Students need to make their own reservations. The cut-off date for the group rate is October 6, 2017.
The airport is the John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH).
The cost for the training is $395.