BeAScout.org is the application that puts your unit on the map! Prospective Scouts and their families can visit BeAScout.org to find a Scouting program in their neighborhood. If your unit’s pin is up to date they’ll find you!
- Raise your unit’s profile in the community.
- Recruit more youth and volunteers and help grow Scouting.
Customize your ‘pin’ with contact information, a photo, special message, and your unit’s website. It’s important to make sure your unit’s pin is updated, especially before fall recruitment is in full swing.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Begin by logging into my.Scouting.org. Note: You must be the skipper, unit committee chair, or the the chartered organization representative to update a BeAScout pin. Once the pin is set-up, up to six adults in your unit can be given access to the system to update information and manage leads from interested parents.
2. From the top left menu, select Legacy Web Tools and then BeAScout.
3. You will see the following page, information is populate from your unit Charter.
4. Set your unit’s pin mode to “Unit”
5. Set your unit’s pin status to to “Active”
6. Edit your unit logo to be the Sea Scout Logo and chose the primary volunteer responsible for recruitment inquires
7. Add a short bio about your unit, be sure to add your unit’s name if you have one
7. Review your unit’s card and save! Visit beascout.org to ensure your pin is live.
If you run into any issues, contact us at email@example.com for assistance.