Additional Partner Resources
- ACA- The ACA National Paddlesports Instruction Program has been acknowledged as the “Gold Standard” of paddlesports education throughout the United States and abroad. The ACA has developed a wide variety of curriculum, trainings, and resources to serve paddlers of any skill level and discipline. To take advantage of these great tools and opportunities, begin by finding an ACA certified instructor:
- Search for nearby instructors using the ACA Paddle Ready App; it’s free in the App Store or Google Play. The app also includes useful features such as instructional rescue videos, surf and tide forecasting, river gauge levels, safety and gear checklists, accident reporting forms, float plans, and more!
- Use the ACA website to find instructors all over the country – include a skills course in your next vacation or locate instructors for family and friends out of state.
- Need more assistance? Contact the ACA Safety Education and Instruction Department to ask more questions and get expert guidance.
- BoatUS The BoatUS Cooperative Partner Program provides Sea Scouts, B.S.A. volunteers and members with discounted membership and services.
- Earn 4% back when shopping at WestMarine
- Discounts on fuel, overnight slips, and repairs at over 900 marinas nationwide
- BoatU.S.Towing Service provides access to the largest network of on-the water commercial towing companies nationwide! With over 600 boats in over 290 ports, service is just a call away.
- Marine insurance from boating experts
- Subscription to the widest-read boating publication, BoatU.S. Magazine
- And MUCH more!
- To receive the 50% discount, mention our Cooperating Group ID number GA84646B when joining or renewing.
- Building to Teach – Building to Teach has developed a hands on training for Sea Scout Ships that teaches math and fosters teamwork through projects. The three module training seminar, which includes building a skiff, has been successfully implemented in the Northeast and Western Regions. Read More…
- US Coast Guard Advanced Enlistment – Sea Scouts who have achieved the Sea Scout Able rank can enlist in the Coast Guard as Seaman Apprentices (E-2), and Sea Scout Quartermasters can enlist as Coast Guard Seamen (E-3). Click here to see the details.
- US Coast Guard Auxiliary – Scouting Site
- The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary stands by to assist your Ship in providing Boating Safety courses and other training to your membership. To connect to a Flotilla nearest you, input your zip code here and the five nearest units will be displayed. Click on their website and go to the About tab which will provide you with that Flotilla’s leadership. They will be glad to assist you with your training needs.
- The National Commodore of the Coast Guard Auxiliary would like to recognize all new Eagles and Quartermasters by providing them with a congratulatory letter upon completion of their requirements. Visit the USCGAux here for more information.
- Merit Badge Counseling
- Providing Shoreside and Underway Training Opportunities to Sea Scouts
- Auxiliary Youth Policy
- Youth Programs in the Coast Guard Auxiliary
- USCGAux Training Opportunities
- United States Power Squadron – The United States Power Squadron offers outstanding boating safety courses to Sea Scouts and leaders, many of which include nationally and marine organization recognized certificates of completion. Download the USPS – Sea Scout Advancement Matrix that demonstrates how these courses may help Sea Scouts to meet specific advancement objectives. More information about Power Squadron opportunities for Sea Scouts can be found on the USPS website.
All logos and registered trademarks are copyright of their respective owners
Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns? You can contact the Sea Scout Relationships Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.